Well I’ve been quiet for a couple of weeks, ploughing all of my spare time into progressing the Seleucid army I am using at the Scottish Open in Glasgow on 1/2 December…..yes, that would be this weekend!
The good news is that I finished everything last night with a couple of days to spare….I’ll post my list after the tournament, but anyone that knows me should be able to work out pretty much what I’ll be fielding…!!!
I gave a brief painting guide in my last post, and have pretty much kept to the same pallet for a uniform army. I have used Little Big Man Studios shield transfers throughout, except for the Galatians, as the ones I bought were far too fiddly to use, so they were hand painted.
I also tried to paint using blends, and minimise the use of washes, though I did use the washes on metal, and for the horses (I have always used inks over a white on brown drybrush for my horses).
So here goes….
That’s it, not sure how I will get on with them – it is a small, but tough army, and I am going to suffer with a lack of practice, but you never know…
Right, onto the next project, I have an Early Achaemenid Persian army to paint up next, but before that, I have another (none-ADLG related) project in mind…